Bob Roether is in private practice. He is licensed to practice and has handled cases at all levels of the Michigan court system including the Michigan Supreme Court. He is also admitted to the United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, the Sixth and Tenth United States Circuit Courts of Appeal and the United States Supreme Court.
He has been active in Michigan Bar activities, chairing the State Bar Civil Procedure Committee, serving in the Representative Assembly, chairing the Oakland County Bar Legislative and Mediation Committees. He also served as a Special Assistant Attorney General. He is currently serving in the State Bar Ethics Committee.
Bob practices in the tort field, with special emphasis representing plaintiffs in legal malpractice claims and other litigation to recover from losses caused by attorneys. He has achieved the following:
- He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. This is a National organization of attorneys who have achieved verdicts or settlements of $1,000,000 or more.
- He is one of 4 Michigan lawyers recognized in “Super Lawyers” in the area of Plaintiffs Professional Liability: from 2014 to the present.
- MARTINDALE-HUBBELL RATING: “A” and “V” This is the highest possible rating from this international attorney rating service.
- “Changes in Mediator Selection” — LACHES, February 1992, 23
- “Mediation in Oakland Circuit” – MTLA, Oakland, Winter 1996, 1
- “The Forest For The Trees: Judicial Activism In The Tort Marketplace” Michigan Bar Journal, July 1999, 706
Bob lives in the Ann Arbor area with his wife Barb and spends a lot of time visiting their 3 sons, daughters-in-law and their 5 grandchildren. Bob is a distance runner and canoer.
Bob and one of his sons summited three of Colorado’s 14,000+ foot mountains in recent years.